Friday, June 24, 2016

June 2016 CKCB Members' Blog Hop!

Hey everyone! Welcome to my part of the CKCB Members' Blog Hop! You should have come here from Tina's blog, but if you're lost for some reason, no worries.  Just head on back to the CKCB and you can find the whole list there!

I'm so excited to be part of this blog hop because it got me out of my slump and got my scrapbooking mojo going once again.

I decided to give challenge #1 a go, and I have to tell ya, it felt a little weird!  The challenge was to: 

Choose an Inspiration Board 

I've never done this before, and it was a lot of fun to go through some of those beautiful boards!  After much deliberation, I chose this board, entitled "Pink Flamingo":
I loved the colours, and they went well with colours I already had in my kit.  I also loooooved the gold chevron on the teal cake, and the pink camera.  So those are the main things that inspired my scrapbook layout here:

I started off by creating that watercolour background on a piece of white cardstock.  So easy and fun! Just prime your paper with gesso, then smear some Distress Ink (in this case, Worn Lipstick) on a piece of plastic packaging, spray the ink with water, and then flip and smoosh the ink onto your paper.  Beautiful results every time!

The arrows I made by hand as well.  They are made by gold embossing a Close to My Heart stamp on white cardstock, then inking over top with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  So striking!  The die cut chevron up top was made much the same way, by just inking up with Versamark ink and heat embossing with gold embossing powder.  

And finally, the camera.  It was part of a die cut frame/project life card that I'd previously cut out of plain cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo.  It also had the word "CAPTURED" as part of the design.  I'd had it sitting in my pile of die cuts for a long time, waiting to use it somehow, at some time, when finally, inspiration struck: why not cut the thing apart?  Once I did that, I realized I could use the word "CAPTURED" as part of my title, and inked both parts up with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  Now I think they work way better separate than they did together, ha!  Oh, and the gold details on the camera?  I just used a metallic Sharpie pen to colour those in.  

Here's a close up of my journaling:

And another of some details like the tangled thread and gold embossing:

Thanks for stopping by and now you should hop over to Jemma's blog.

Don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know you were here and happy hopping!"










11 comments:

  1. Ooo loved the background you created and love the pinks and teal and gold together! Love the addition of the thread too. Great interpretation of the mood board with your lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interpretation of the board! beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interpretation of the board :) It's a fun challenge the mood board this is my 2nd time doing it :) I love the layout and such a pretty photo of the girls together Love the smooshing technique, that is one I like to play with too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super page - I love the combination of hotpink and teal - cute photo of the pair of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't even describe what I love best - you are a-ma-zing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that moodboard! Gorgeous page..especially the gold embossing. Lovely photos of your girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a wonderful job customizing what you had to fit your theme! I really like the colors on the moodboard you selected and your mixed media technique adds a soft but interesting tone to the background. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--I love the handmade watercolor paper! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a darling snapshot, and you've scrapped it so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so late commenting but better late than never when I see such a lovely page! You picked a simply gorgeous mood board and chose exactly the right things off the board to be inspired by! I love it!

    ReplyDelete